The first beta release of PAPPL v1.1 is now available for download. PAPPL v1.1 adds support for Wi-Fi configuration, IPP-USB, printer driver lookup and auto-add functionality, improves management of multiple printers, and adds support for Microsoft® Windows® 10 and higher. Changes include:
- Added support for Windows 10 and higher.
PAPPL_SOPTIONS_NO_TLSoption to disable TLS support.
- Added Wi-Fi callbacks to support configuration over IPP-USB (Issue #45)
- Added buttons and sub-commands to pause and resume printers (Issue #124)
papplMainLoopnow uses a persistent location for state and spool files by default (Issue #128)
papplMainLoopnow supports clients talking to a system-wide server running as root (Issue #148)
- Added a “set default” button to the web interface (Issue #150)
driverssub-command now reports the IEEE-1284 device ID for a given driver (Issue #157)
- Jobs can now be canceled and printers deleted when a processing job is trying to connect to a printer (Issue #163)
- The default media is now updated if the ready media for a given tray is updated (Issue #164)
- Fixed an issue with the “drivers” sub-command not working if you don’t have a system callback.
- Fixed a deadlock issue on macOS.
- Added a new
papplJobCreateWithFileAPI to allow printer applications to submit print jobs internally.
- Refactored the
papplSystemhostname/port APIs to be consistent with the naming used for the