CUPS 2.4.0 is the latest stable OpenPrinting CUPS release. Among the changes from beta and release candidate the stable release adds two new configuration options for optimizing cupsd setup on servers and several other changes.
The detailed list of changes:
- Added configure option –with-idle-exit-timeout (Issue #294)
- Added –with-systemd-timeoutstartsec configure option (Issue #298)
- DigestOptions now are applied for MD5 Digest authentication defined by RFC 2069 as well (Issue #287)
- Fixed compilation on Solaris (Issue #293)
- Fixed and improved German translations (Issue #296, Issue #297)